Does he ever talk?Edit
You'll find this question in Riou, Lazlo and Freyjadour's pages too. Sorry if I'm too persistent, but I want to know if some Suikoden protagonists actually speak without player input or not. I'm also counting novelizations, manga adaptations and other games where they are not the protagonists. 18.104.22.168 13:11, October 3, 2017 (UTC)Vittorio Pugliese
- Yes they do, Most of the quotes come from player choices within the games, but in the case of Tir and Riou, they speak in the novelizations and I believe they also have a few lines in the Suikogaiden games they appear in. Lazlo speaks a little in Suikoden Tactics if you meet the requirememnts to recruit him. Freyajdour is the only one who only speaks through player choics as Konami never had a novel or manga adaption of his story made and he has not appeared in any other titles since his game. True Beauty Exists Only in Things that Last a Moment 17:20, October 3, 2017 (UTC)Wolf Kanno
- And what about Hugo, Chris and Geddoe? Do they stop talking after getting the True Fire Rune or not? And what about Nash and Kiril? And where is Freyjadour named Ardil Falenas if not in the manga? Sorry if I keep bombarding you with questions. I'm really sorry, but I'm curious about that as I'm new to the series 22.214.171.124 15:14, October 4, 2017 (UTC)Vittorio Pugliese
- ::Chris, Geddoe and Hugo, don't stop talking, they talk to express their thoughts and idea. Like the other three Kyril and Nash talk. The most talkative is Sieg the hero of the Suikoden Tierkreis. There is also another hero who talk, the hero of the woven web of the century thought. Freyjadour is seen in Suikoden V. 126.96.36.199 18:05, October 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information! I can't wait to put my hands on Suikoden 3! Is it any good?188.8.131.52 18:29, October 4, 2017 (UTC)Vittorio Pugliese
- Yes, Suikoden III is good. I found the story interesting, the main character switching, secrets to open. You must try it and found for yourself since everyone have different taste on games.
- Despite being registered with the username Tokoyami no Nietzsche, I'm still Vittorio Pugliese, and I have to tell you something that happened in Suikoden 2: in a flashback, Riou was shown talking, and in the manga Riou is called Tao and he appears to speak like a normal character even outside the flashback.
- I want to ask you your opinion: if you were Yoshitaka Murayama, what would you do?
- A) Make the protagonists already voiced and with their own character arcs in the games
- B) Make them silent but voiced in the manga
- C) Make them silent and explain their silence as physical mutism
- D) Make them silent and completely remove them from the story in the manga (for instance, you make a Suikoden 2 manga where Riou doesn't exist at all and you follow Jowy at first, and Riou's army once Jowy leaves it)
- Personally, I would go with A! (please, don't ban me for this post,. I'm scared of bans because I got a one-year-long ban from the Megaten wiki because I put Dante in the "protagonists" cathegory even if Devil May Cry doesn't count as Megaten)Tokoyami no Nietzsche (talk) 14:38, December 2, 2017 (UTC)