Any admins of Suikoden Wikia can request for Wikia Spotlight. Please be sure that you request for a spotlight every six months from the last request or every February 2 and August 2 any admin of this wiki must request a spotlight
- First Request happened last February 2, 2015.
- Second Request will be happen on August 2, 2015.
- Third Request will be happen on February 2, 2016.
- Fourth Request will be happen on August 2, 2016.
- and so on....
Before any admins request for the spotlight please be sure to ready the photo and caption to be use on the spotlight and follow the Best Practices to avoid the delay of approval.
- Any admin can talk to another admin about the spotlight.
- Prepare the caption and photo to be use two weeks before requesting the spotlight. If you prepare it earlier it is hustle free.
- The caption is limited for 40-45 characters.
- Any Suikoden related photo are welcome, but it must reflect the wiki.
- Can't decide which photo and caption to be use, ask the people and admins and start voting for it. You can create a poll and post it on our community message.
- The caption must be short and describe the Game or Suikoden Wiki.
- The photo must be related to the caption and it must be related to the Suikoden Series.
- If there's a new Suikoden Game and you are currently requesting for the spotlight you can use the cover image of that game to promote it.
Best Practices to Follow
- The requester should be either an active admin, or link to a discussion with an active admin of the wikia who agrees to the spotlight.
- The wikia should have at least 200 content pages, not counting stubs. Stub, or very short articles (less than about 300 bytes; listed at Special:Shortpages) and articles marked with a stub template should make up no more than a fifth of all pages.
- The main page should have at least one picture, and clear links to the most important content. It should not be sysop-protected from editing unless there is a strong history of vandalism; protecting against anonymous editors and new accounts is ok.
- The curated main page for mobile visitors should be filled out.
- There should be a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty).
- The community should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.
- The wikia should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.)
- The message in the Community Center on Recent Wiki Activity should be customized. (MediaWiki:Community-corner)
- The wikia should have a customized skin.
- The wikia should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
Please leave a message to Spotlight Talkpage if a request is already been made. So that the other admins knows if a request for that date is already been made.
- How many times can we request for the Wikia Spotlight?
- Twice a year.
- Where can we see the Spotlighted Wiki's?
- Around the wikia network on the bottom of the page.
- When can see the spotlighted wiki's?
- Ask the staff who approve the requested spotlight.
Hi, I'm an admin at Suikoden Wikia. We would like to request for a spotlight. Can you please use the http://suikoden.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dauntless_Ship.png as a picture and for the caption "Set Sail on a New Journey to Gather the Stars".
- I'm an admin.
- We have over 200 contents and most of them are over 300 bytes.
- Our main page have picture and it does have a slideshows gallery, there are links to our most *important contents and its is not a sysop protected page but it is protected against new and *anonymous editors.
- The curated main page for mobile visitors had been filled out.
- All of our pages in Special Uncategorize pages had been already categorize.
- We are not in the middle of choosing new admins no upheavals
- The MediaWiki:Welcome-user say @latest.
- The MediaWiki:Community-corner had been organized.
- No other any offensive language had been used.
- We will be waiting for you response... Thank You...
Note: Don't forget your signature at the buttom of your requested spotlight.