Shigure is a former Nether Gate member and he is currently working as investigator for Oboro Detective Agency. His mentor in the Nether Gate taught him to show no emotion, but after the Nether Gate was disbanded with the help of Fuyo and his care for Sagiri, he can now express his true feelings.
During the Sun Rune War, he joined in the Loyalist Army and help Freyjadour on his battles against Godwins. He also protect Sagiri when Nakula came to kill her. After the war, even as the top investigator, he slacks off at every opportunity. Still, he always looks out for Sagiri.
Role in the GameEdit
There are two ways to recruit Shigure:
- After initially hiring Oboro in Rainwall, go to the inn and talk to the drunk at the bar. Upon leaving the inn, accompany Shigure and Sagiri for Norden's investigation. When Oboro speaks about employing mice, ask "That man went inside the house", and when talking to Norden with Oboro in the Tavern, say "We need to talk to you about something". After the relocation of Raftfleet, talk to Oboro and ask him to join in his office in Raftfleet.
- If you did not successfully perform the Norden investigation, you may have to ask Oboro to join up to five times as storyline progresses: after Raftfleet; after HQ; after Lelcar; after Sable; and after Beaver Lodge. If you wait until after the Queen's Campaign, his ship will be gone from Raftfleet forever.
Shigure is a high-level powerhouse if you recruit him early in the game. He has great speed and evasion and his rune slots are unlocked very early in the game. Also, his Skills are very helpful and his max hits is at 4, allow him to multihit a lot.
Because of his low defense, any hit he can't dodge may be fatal for his health. Because of that, the best way to use Shigure is to put him a little bit further back and not directly in front of the party, with vastly increases his survivability.
With the right planning and setup, Shigure can ease the game tremendously. However, don't rely on his evasion alone when using him.
- Head - Light
- Body - Light
- Hand - Medium
- Foot - Medium
Shigure is an S-range fighter that uses a Ninja-to as a weapon.
Shigure can lead an infantry unit, but makes a better second-in-command as he adds the rare long range attack Ambush.
- Ah! Shigure is one of our investigators, he might seem lazy, but he´s... Well, okay, he IS lazy, let´s just say his work´s not exactly incompetent and leave it at that.
- Fuyo´s always telling him those bangs of his are driving her crazy, and to cut them, but he refuses. I guess he doesn´t want anybody to see his eyes.
- Until eight years ago, he never had any expression on his face at all. It´s a wonder he can show his emotions even as much as he does now. It´s partly thanks to Fuyo, and also because Shigure cares about Sagiri and wants to help her.
I've never seen him before. But based on his age, we should've been in the organization around the same time...
- A Request
Please stop making our agency investigate that woman in black. They always stick ME with the job! No matter how sneaky I try to be, she always catches on and gives me dirty looks! I've had it!
- That's Enough!
I'm not doin' it anymore! If you're so interested in that woman in black, do your own snooping!
- His name means "Autumn Shower" and, like his fellow investigators Oboro and Sagiri, shares his name with a Japanese destroyer in World War II.