Seed is a minor antagonist in Suikoden II. He is well known as the Flaming General of Highland due to his ruthless and temperamental behavior. He also appears in Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1. He works with Agares Blight, Luca Blight and Jowy Atreides-Blight. Like Culgan, he is very loyal and faithful to his country. Seed allegedly perished after being defeated during the New State Army's attack on L'Renouille, but his body has never been found.
Seed is a young man with short vibrant red hair, (auburn in his game dialogue icon) with long fringes on both sides of his head and black eyes. He wears a white and red royal jacket under a white and black turtleneck iron shirt with thick red cross lines on both of his sleeves in his jacket with red folded sleeves. He has extra red lines downward on both sides of his jacket, black pants, and white knee-high iron boots. He is also wears white iron gloves and a brown belt that is tucked into his jacket and has a black collar. He has a black sword sheath on the left side of his waist to sheath his sword.
In Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1, Seed's outfit has some minor changes, the color of his belt is black and his folded sleeves from his jacket are changed from red to black. His eyes are changed from black to brown, and his short vibrant red hair becomes long but maintains the long fringes.
On his battle sprite, Seed has an extra red line on both sleeves of his jacket and his black sword sheath is not visible.
Unlike Culgan, who is calm and collected, Seed is the complete opposite. He is a very passionate and temperamental man. He also shows his brash and ruthless behavior during the war tactics in the game. In the final conflict with the Allied Army, he shows his sense of pride to protect their country until his defeat with Riou and his allies.
In Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1, Seed maintains his temperamental behavior as he shows his arrogance and ruthlessness towards Nash Latkje, when he grazed his leg with his sword in their first encounter with Culgan. During his fight with Nash alongside Culgan, Seed also speaks in profanity when Nash managed to repel his attack combination with Culgan as well as he repels Nash's Schwarz sword attack, and he says the word "S*it!" twice. He even imitates Luca's maniacal laughter when he begins to show his intimidation in fighting Nash.
As Culgan mentions to Nash after he easily defeats him, Seed is sometimes filled with hopelessness and does not understand the enemy's recklessness after he was poisoned by him by grazing his chest from his poison-laden sword turned whip attack.
Seed grew up as a peasant within the Highland Kingdom. With his exceptional skill with a sword and a rune, he quickly rose up the ranks and became a captain under General Solon Jhee. After Solon Jhee's execution, he was promoted to Vice-General after Culgan was promoted to general, and after the defection of Kiba, he was promoted to general of the 3rd Army. As a warrior, he is well known for his ruthlessness in battle and is thus referred to as the Flaming General. However, he is skilled with the use of the Flowing Rune. Also, when he was pursuing the Harmonian spy, Nash Latkje, he was struck by Nash's poison-laden attack and was defeated. Thanks to Culgan, however, he was able to keep his life while he's unconscious.
During the final conflict with the Allied Army, Seed and Culgan stood guard in L'Renouille Palace, waiting to meet the Allied forces that entered. They fought valiantly, but were defeated by the leader of the Allied Army and his forces. They were both rumoured to have died in that battle, but their bodies were never found among the remains of the castle.
Role in the GameEdit
He and Culgan are the boss characters in L'Renouille before fighting the final boss, the Beast Rune. Seed is a powerful fighter who can attack the player offensively and is able to utilize his Flowing Rune by sealing the rune casting on everyone using Silent Lake. His weakness, however, is hitting him with Lightning spells.
As he bears the nickname, the Flaming General, Seed is seen casting Explosion from his Fire Rune to hit Riou and his allies for extensive damage.
Like Culgan, Seed can attack the player twice.
In Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1, Seed doesn't use his runes against Nash Latkje but instead attacks while Culgan uses his Thunder Rune. He focuses mainly on attacking Nash with his basic attacks, rather than like in his game appearance, where he attacks and uses runes against the player.
From the very beginning until the liberation of Greenhill, Seed's stats are - Attack 8 and Defense 8, while in Jowy's reign, from guarding the city of Muse until the protection of the Highland capital L'Renouille, his stats become - Attack 15 and Defense 12. Seed is capable of attacking opponents in close range. His weakness, however, is hitting him with magic, as seen when Viktor's group hits him with Lightning, as his group had already taken damage earlier from Tsai's Fire Spear ability.
His quote when he is defeated by Riou or his comrades is,
"It can't be...! The fight isn't over yet!"
- Seed's red and auburn hair has been shared by four video game characters from different games, Hwoarang from the Tekken series, Reno from Final Fantasy VII, Tsubaki Yayoi from BlazBlue series and Alveen Kamfort in Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth.
- Alveen from Hoshigami also shares the same role as Seed and both men have personalities of being temperamental and ruthless to their enemies and work as Generals in their kingdom capitals (Seed as the 3rd Highland General in L'Renouille in Alveen's case the Valaimian General in Layeta.) as well as they are powerful swordsmen that hit their enemies offensively with their sword and cast fire magic for an extensive damage with Seed uses the Fire Rune to cast Explosion while Alveen uses the level 4 coinfeigm Gren to cast the second closest to Greamu in power but weak in damage due to his deity. However, he temporary aids the protagonist Fazz twice in battles making him similar to Jowy as the temporary character and later as a permanent ally to Fazz in the near end of the game.
- In casting rune magic, Seed is one of two to cast his rune differently. The other one is Flik.
- In Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1, Seed is based on Kayin Amoh of the Battle Arena Toshinden fighting game series and it's anime OVA. As his hairstyle resembles Kayin's.
- Interestingly, Ken Masters from the Street Fighter series also has red hair similar to Seed's and appears in the anime version of Street Fighter II V.
- His brash personality is similar to Kayin in his anime appearance and his vulgar language is somewhat similar to Hwoarang from the Tekken series.
- In Suikoden II, Seed's weapon is a sword, while in Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1 his weapon is a tsurugi.
- Seed's hair is short in Suikoden II, but in Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1, his hair becomes long.
|SUIKOGAIDEN Vol. 1|
|Sierra • Templeton • Wakaba • Teresa • Shin • Jude • Nina • Emilia • Jeane • Connell|
|Nanami • Kinnison • Shiro • Flik • Viktor • Leona • Clive • Hauser • Annallee • Hanna • Pilika • Dominguez • Jowy • Riou • Yuli • Elza • Ayda • Raura • Shilo • Gaspar • Mazus • Adlai • Hix • Tengaar • Hoi • Maximillian • Julie • Kahn Marley • Stallion • Georg • Lena • Sauro|
|Rean • Ayana • Rowd • Jillia • Luca • Seed • Culgan • Zaj • Kelley|
|Blue Moon Village • Muse • Greenhill|
|Golden Wolf • Music List • Returning Characters • Exclusive Characters • Characters Name|