|Schtolteheim Reinbach III|
Tenki Star (Lofty Star)
|Appears in||Suikoden IV|
|Attached Runes||Red Rose Rune|
Schtolteheim Reinbach III is the Tenki Star in Suikoden IV. Originally, his name was often used for humorous purposes in the first three Suikoden titles, but Reinbach III finally made his debut as a full character in Suikoden IV.
The son of the Schtolteheim Reinbach II, Schtolteheim III is a narcissistic young man who enjoys music and fine art. However, despite his foppish tendencies, he has a genuine sense of duty that sets him apart from his father, and is also quite skilled in the arts of fencing and magic.
Schtolteheim is quite fond of the Rose Crest that was made for him by Gareth - in fact, the simple act of its delivery from Nay Island to him, by Lazlo, prompted him to fight alongside Lazlo against the Kooluk.
He also has no desire to force Millay into an arranged marriage with him, and, along with Lazlo, saves her from the thugs hired by his father who were sent to subdue her and bring her back to Middleport to wed him. He informs her that there is no danger of that happening, and that he is a member of Lazlo's army, before she boards and joins too.
On the Dauntless, Schtolteheim gets to know Charlemagne, a resident of Middleport not only whose sophistication and generosity equal his own, but also decided to fight under Lazlo's banner. The two develop a friendship that would last long after the war ended.
After the war, he returns with honor to Middleport, and succeeds his father's business. However, he is devastated when his Rose Crest is stolen by thugs. He asks Charlemagne to find it and retrieve it, but when he doesn't come back, he contacts the Middleport Quest Guild for further help. Kyril ends up answering the call, and finds the criminals in charge at the Terana Plains in Kooluk at about the same time that Charlemagne did, and together are able to retrieve the Rose Crest. Upon its return, both he and Charlemagne decide to fight with Kyril.
Post-Island Liberation War/Fall of KoolukEdit
Reinbach's legacy lasts long after his lifetime, perhaps due to Micky's novels of his deeds, his name has lived on and often invoked by future generations.
After your audience with Schtolteheim Reinbach II, Reinbach and Micky will meet you at the docks of Middleport. They will ask to join you. After agreeing you must go to Nay Island's Inn and speak with Gareth to retrieve Reinbach's Rose Crest. Return with the rose crest to Reinbach and they will join you.
Reinbach can participate in the Love Love Attack.
- Head - Red Rose Rune
- R. Hand -
- L. Hand -
Reinbach begins with the Red Rose Rune permanently attached which is a nice attack to use instead of his regular attack. He eventually will open up two more rune slots as he levels of which his rune affinities are for Fire and Wind. He has low MP growth though, so it may actually be better to give him an earth or water rune since they have useful level one and two spells. Another alternative is to to give Reinbach passive support runes like a Fury Rune and Double-Strike Rune to increase his physical power dramatically and make him more useful as a frontline fighter. A third option is to use him as a mule ofr useful runes like a Prosperity Rune or the Slash Rune.
Reinbach is a surprisingly competent fighter. Though he statistically average and has low MP growth, his Red Rose Rune gives him a means to do better damage frequently than his average nromal attack. His true strength lies in his two open rune slots that open him up for more flexibility, with the right runes equipped, he can be a powerful frontline fighter or even made into a competent support mage.
- Head -
- Body -
- Hand -
- Foot -
Recommended Equipment Sets
This is the Confessional dialogue for Schtolteheim Reinbach III.
- Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
- Let’s see… Micky is… not taking very good care of me. It is troubling… He came aboard this ship with promises of caring for me… it is deplorable how he has seemingly broken that promise.
- Then, would you tell me what you think of (Hero)?
- He is a wonderful man. I would place him second to myself
- Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
- I spend everyday reflecting upon myself in contrition. I spend my time diligently, so as not to trouble anyone else. Therefore, I would never need to apologize! You see?
- How are you?
My dear friend, do your best for everyone, but don't overwork yourself.
- Friendship Journal
My friend, you may find this surprising, but Sir Charlemange and I have been getting along quite well... He is a wonderful gentleman.
It seems he is writing for the newspaper. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it. I am sure it will make him quite pleased.
Complete the "Dear Friend..." guild quest [Rank D] by trading items for a Crystal Ball, and then stumbling onto a battle on the Terana Plain. Report back to Reinbach in the Middleport Inn and he will join you.
Reinbach III can participate in the Love Love Attack.
- Head - Red Rose Rune
- R. Hand -
- L. Hand - N/A
Weapon Growth ChartEdit
|I don't care what anyone says. I love this guy. He's just great. He's the one who finally made me realize that a character who couldn't hit the ground beneath his feet without gravity to help him out can be given a Berzerker Belt and told to rely on his weapon rune. Do not put points into Battle Lust, Narcissism, or Counterattack. He won't use them, and Narcissism blows anyway. Give him a Rage Sword Rune and whatever else in the third slot (not Warrior- Reinbach gets beat up a lot. Oh, and not Killer or Counter- those are for people whose regular melee attacks are actually functional. But, yeah: whatever else you want), and spam spam spam his Red Rose Rune attacks, each of which has a chance to inflict the Sleep status. Is he going to do a lot of damage, even with the Belt on? No, that just helps him keep from embarrassing himself. What he's going to do is put mobs to sleep for you right when you're in your most desperate hour. It's not a sure-fire thing at all, but I swear that every time I really need it, it comes through.|
|Ignore the haters. Reinbach avant!|
- In Suikoden, Viktor uses the fake name "Schtolteheim Reinbach III" while going through the Fortress of Kwaba.
- In Suikoden II, Riou has the option to give Flik the fake name "Schtolteheim Reinbach III" (other options are "Bluto" and "Blue Thunder") just when trying to help Teresa escape Greenhill.
- In Suikoden III Chris has the option to call herself "Schtolteheim Reinbach III" when introducing herself to Yun in Chisha Village.
- In Suikoden IV, Lazlo has the option to introduce himself as Schtolteheim Reinbach III to Schtolteheim Reinbach II when he meets him in Middleport to discuss an alliance.
- Reinbach has one of the highest luck stats in the game, which makes him really useful for finding rare treasure in the net fishing game on the Dauntless.
|108 Stars of Destiny|