- "My you have such a deep look in your eyes. I rather fancy that, heh heh."
- —Louise, Suikoden IV
Louise was once an old acquaintance of Dario. After the death of her husband and being overcome with grief, she entrusted Dario with the care of her son, Nalleo, soon after his birth and left.
On the outside she was caring and a good character who warmly greeted those who would stay at her inn and drink in the tavern. However, beneath the surface there was a darkness that stayed with her ever since the death of her husband and abandonment of her son.
She could see the strength that lay in the eyes Lazlo.
She was reunited with Nalleo during the Island Liberation War and was glad to see her son had grown into a fine man, however she chose not to reveal the truth of their relation. She described herself as a failure of a mother and requested that Lazlo tell Nalleo his mother was dead if he ever asked.
During the war, she attracted some attention from Liberation Army members, Ornan and Desmond. Desmond had a crush on her and Ornan seemed to find her similar to the woman he was searching for. Nothing ever blossomed for both.
At the conclusion of the war, Louise remained in the Kingdom of Obel, but it wasn't long before she vanished as Obel finally recovered some it's old vigour.
Role in the GameEdit
Louise is recruited automatically after receiving your headquarters.
- Speaking to Louise allows you to rest, save your game, or change party.
- Louise is your first support character and has the healing ability.
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
Louise: Really... well, that's fine.
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
Louise: From where I stand, that applies to everyone. They all have problems. But... That's exactly what's endearing about them.
Louise: Well... His eyes are just nice. Those eyes tell me he will do something great. Hehe...
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
Louise: ... Who would ever have thought that I would see Nalleo here... He's grown so much... I thought maybe I'd made a mistake entrusting him to Dario, but... He seems to be fine, much to my relief.
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
Louise: Hehehe... That was fun. Well, later.
Louise: Wait!!! S-Stop that!!!
Dario... Who'd have thought we'd run into each other here of all places?! I'll just say it now -- there's nothing between him and me.
Nalleo is looking for his mother? I wonder if that Dario said something. Well, I'm a failure as a mother. Please tell Nalleo that his mother died. That's how it should be.
His father's already dead. That's for real. Good grief... now it's come back to me. That was such a long time ago...