The Lightning rune appears in all suikoden games, it is a rune that holds lightning magic which attack one or all foes. Unlike the fire rune there is no chance of accidently hitting allies. There are similar but stronger runes called the Thunder Rune out there as well.
- Angry Blow: 150 damage against one foe
- Rainstorm: 100 damage to all foes
- Raging Blow: 600 damage to one foe
- Ball of Lightning: 1000 damage to one foe
- Angry Blow: 100 damage to one enemy
- Thunder Runner: 120 damage to one column of enemies
- Bolt of Wrath: 600 damage to one enemy
- Thor Shot: 1000 damage to one enemy (Can be united to Explosion)
- When embedded into a weapon it adds an extra 1/4 of damage to users attacks
- Thunder Runner: 100 damage to target plus line of sight foes in front
- Berserk Blow: 250 damage to one target
- Soaring Bolt: 900 damage spread amoung foes
- Furious Blow: 1000 damage to target plus line of sight foes beyond
- Berserk Blow: 100 damage to all enemies
- Thunder Runner: 300 damage to one enemy
- Soaring Bolt: 600 damage to one enemy
- Furious Blow: 900 damage to one enemy
- Thunder Runner: +100 damage at a column of enemies
- Berserk Blow: +300 damage to one enemy
- Soaring Bolt: +900 damage divide among all enemies
- Furious Blow: +1000 damage to column of enemies
- Lightning Force: Change terrain to lightning element.
- Thunder Runner: Damage units in area + changes terrain to Lightning
- Berserk Blow: Deals damage to a single foe + changes terrain to Fire element.
- Heavenly Thunder: Damage all units standing on Lightning element terrain.