Deborah is an old woman who tells the fortune of the people she met. Whenever Deborah finds something that catches her interest, she just wanders off on her own.
During the Island Liberation War, she met Lazlo a young boy who is the leader of the Island Liberation Navy at the inn on Middleport. She got interested on Lazlo's fortune causing her to got on board on the Dauntless without his permission.
While she was on board on the Dauntless, she got her own room at the 4th Deck and she met a lot of people with interesting fortunes. Every so often Oskar, visit Deborah on her room. After the war, she return to Middleport and she quietly sip her tea.
Role in the GameEdit
- Deborah has the unique ability to see others your meant to meet. By talking to her you can get cryptic messages on locations and people that are now recruitable.
- Deborah is a support character with the appraise ability that occasionally identifies "?" items for free.
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
Debohrah: Well, well... how grand.
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
Debohrah: Little Lazlo, I suppose? He seems burdened by something enormous... Someone like me may not be able to help him...
Debohrah: Let's see... I'm sure there will be all sorts of ordeals, but... I hope he keeps moving in the right direction.
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
Debohrah: I should apologize for getting on board this ship without permission... Especially since Oskar came along, too...
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
Debohrah: Just as I thought... Then, I shall pardon myself now. Little Lazlo, later.
Debohrah: Oh, my!! I guess it's hard to see the things that concern yourself... But still, you should be more considerate, Little Lazlo!
There are a lot of people with interesting fortunes. Was it you that drew them here?
Oskar isn't a real name. That child has lots of other secrets, too. But don't ask, okay?
I can sometimes see other people related to that person. And that just happens to be people they'll meet in the future sometimes. Everyone says it's uncanny, but this is normal for me.