|Rune of the Beginning Aspect|
|Bright Shield Rune|
|Appears in||Suikoden II|
|Past Owners||Master Genkaku|
The Bright Shield Rune is a separable aspect of the Rune of the Beginning representing the power to protect.
The Shield Rune is one of the halves of the Rune of the Beginning. Representing the defensive power, and nature of stability and protection in order for creation in "the beginning," this rune holds amazing restorative powers. Much of the power is manifested in the form of shields, and all of the spells have a restorative effect.
The earliest known usage of the Bright Shield Rune was by Master Genkaku, hero of Jowston. It's combative nature drove him to battle his friend, Han Cunningham. When Genkaku refused to fight in the duel, Highland won the territory surrounding Kyaro Town, where he later resided.
Han and Genkaku resolve their disputes and seal their runes away at the shrine at Toto Village. The runes remained there until Luca Blight's attack on the village many years later, when Jowy and Riou are led by Pilika to the shrine.
- Level 1: Great Blessing: Heal 70 HP, status of all allies.
- Level 2: Shining Light: Attacks all enemies, 130 damage.
- Level 3: Battle Oath: Heal 300 HP of all allies, sometimes Berserk.
- Level 4: Forgiver Sign: Recover all HP and status of all allies. Causes around 1500-2000 damage.
- War Effect: Heals all player troops within 2 squares of Hero's group.